Happy Monday babes! I’m hoping everyone is having a great start to their week! I’m going to admit it. I said a whole bunch of shit before I had kids. I always thought, “I’m never going to be like that Mom over there.” How judgey was I?! I could slap myself. LOL I wanted to share with you all the shit I use to say.
- I’m always going to be done up with my hair done, make up done, cute outfit.
- LOLOLOL Let’s be real. I’m not THAT mom. I’m the no make up, hair a little messy, comfortable athletic wear Mom. Messy moms unite!!!
- My children will only eat organic and fresh food.
- LOL Eating Organic all the time is expensive. As long as I make sure Lily isn’t eating crap I’m good!
- I will never open any snacks before paying.
- Again, LOL . Sometimes stores run out of the free healthy snacks for kids so I have to improvise! I’ll open up the snacks before paying. No shame in my game!
- I will keep my cool when my kid has a tantrum.
- Thank goodness Lily has only had 1 tantrum in the grocery store. I’m definitely not that “calm” mom you see when my kid is throwing a tantrum. I’m the i’m slightly freaking out inside but trying to look calm. LOL so my face ends up all weird LOL
- They won’t have an iPad until they’re 10. Why on earth would you let your child have an iPad?!
- No shame in my game. Our iPad is now Lily’s iPad. It is a life saver in the car. Moana & Daniel Tiger on repeat!
- I will never co-sleep.
- We co-sleeped with Lily since she was 3 months to 10 months and those 7 months were the best days. Even though she kicked me in the face during her sleep I loved having her close to us. However now that she sleeps in her crib she sleeps so good! (I would have sleep trained her earlier LOL)
You never know what you’ll do until you have kids! I was silly for ever saying any of those things pre-kids. What are some things you said you wouldn’t do as a parent but do now? LOL I’d love to hear them!
Have a great day babes! Happy solar eclipse day!